While it may be easy to have successful investments working in your favor, managing them is an entirely different task. Keeping track of your portfolio is an essential part of growing wealth through investing, but it can be time-consuming. However, having the best portfolio tracker makes all the difference.
If you’ve been seeking the ideal software and system to manage your portfolio, or if you’re completely new to the idea, this article will provide you with step-by-step guidance. Read on to learn how to get started and where to look for the best portfolio tracker.
Quicklook: Best Portfolio Trackers
- ShareSight – Best for Stocks & Dividends
- Personal Capital – Best for All In One Financial Tracking
- Coin Market Manager – Best Crypto Portfolio Tracker
- Morningstar’s Portfolio Tracker – Best Portfolio Tracker App
- M1 Finance – Best for a Well Rounded Experience
- Yahoo Finance (Stock and Portfolio Tracker) – Best Free Option
- Quicken Premier – Best for Small Businesses & Multiple Property Owners
- Kubera – Best for a Customizable Experience
Table of Contents
- Best Options for Portfolio Trackers
- What Is a Portfolio Tracker?
- How Does a Portfolio Tracker Work?
- Alternative Tracking Methods: Google Sheets
8 Best Options for Portfolio Trackers
You definitely want to choose from the best portfolio trackers on the market. We’ve taken the liberty of providing an overview and assessment of eight of the best portfolio tracker solutions available today.
For customers with various investment and brokerage accounts, ShareSight is an excellent portfolio tracker. You receive a powerful portfolio tracker that allows you to keep track of and monitor several investment portfolios from a single location.
The website is exceptionally easy to use and browse, making it a fantastic choice for new investors who want to learn about investing quickly. The site also offers a wide range of securities, making it ideal for international investors.
- Sharesight allows you to communicate directly with your accountant and firm
- You never have to worry about information theft or account compromise because the information is accessed securely
- Sharesight also provides excellent support for cash accounts.
- The platform provides excellent tax solutions
- It is simple to use and register for
- It makes it simple to keep track of dividends
- Some of its tools aren’t unique and can be found elsewhere.
- Cryptocurrency does not have a lot of support on this platform.
- The analytic tools on this site aren’t as advanced as those on other sites.
Pricing: Free – Investment Firms Special Offer: Save 4 months when you purchase an annual premium plan
Personal Capital is one of the most widely used financial trackers. It is utilized by more than 3 million people and is noted for offering a complete and all-in-one financial management solution.
Personal Capital has a fantastic real-time user dashboard that allows you to keep track of all of your finances and investments. You can track alternative securities such as bitcoin, in addition to traditional securities.
- Personal Capital has upgraded its dashboard function, which now includes an extended curation of real-time remarks on various markets and assets. This is a fantastic strategy to deal with extreme market volatility.
- Personal Capital will track bills, bank accounts, and even credit cards in addition to portfolios.
- The platform is fast and offers an easy-to-use dashboard
- You have access to a comprehensive list of tools for research and making decisions
- You can upload nearly any investment to the platform
- The app has an incredible security framework
- The platform requires a minimum balance of $100,000 to be used
- The platform has significant administration costs attached to it
- Personal Capital requires a minimum account balance of $100,000, and the fees range from 0.49-0.89%.
Coin Market Manager
Coin Market Manager is without a doubt the ideal solution if you’re looking for a powerful platform to track and manage your portfolio and cryptocurrencies.
The platform offers a one-of-a-kind cryptocurrency analysis and management service. The user interface and experience have been designed with usability and profit in mind.
- One amazing feature of this portfolio tracker is the in-depth analysis it gives of your trading history
- The platform also offers great visualization of performance and real-time balances of all accounts
- The coin market manager’s auto-sync is faultless
- Real-time trading analysis and data are outstanding
- Excellent and in-depth research of trade history
- There is also a trade journal available
- Because the platform lacks a mobile application, you will be conducting tasks via an internet web application. Mobile devices are unable to access it as a result.
- Furthermore, the platform does not offer a large number of exchange options. Regardless, you can request that your favorite exchange be included in the platform.
- The platform is available for a free 7-day trial with full access. After that, you can choose from a variety of monthly packages ranging from $49 to $59 each month.
Morningstar’s Portfolio Manager
Morningstar is a market research and financial analysis firm that is widely recognized. The organization offers several research tools to assist all investors.
Morningstar’s Portfolio Manager gives you detailed information on your whole portfolio’s performance. You can obtain excellent month-by-month and year-by-year analyses of your portfolio.
- One of the wonderful features offered on this platform is Instant X-ray. Customers may get incredibly detailed information on all of their portfolio assets, including sector, kind, and even the geographic regions in which they are listed, using Instant X-ray.
- The percentage contribution of each investment to your overall portfolio is also displayed in Instant X-ray.
- Morningstar is a financial research and resource site with a plethora of information.
- With over 500,000 alternatives to choose from, this is a hand-curated selection of the best investments.
- It’s a platform that’s easy to use and navigate.
- Only premium users get access to the entire platform’s content.
- The difference between monthly and annual fees is minimal.
- The only operating system that supports the platform is Android.
- Users can try it out for 14 days for free before paying $199 per year.
M1 Finance might just be the finest option for a “well-rounded experience” if you like pies. The site is known for its pie investing method, which allows you to allocate your assets among various investments that are represented as pies. Each pie contains a different mix of securities and investment vehicles.
Each of these investments is a piece of the pie you’re piecing together (investment portfolio). To make your pies, you can combine stocks and other investments. When you make a deposit on the site, the money is promptly allocated to your various assets.
- The platform has no commissions or fees.
- Instead of a Robo-advisor, it has a fantastic in-house asset management team to guide your investing decisions. M1 Finance’s pie investment technique is a popular option.
- The investment process is depicted in an excellent visual manner
- Great mobile app with full access to the desktop platform’s functionalities
- It’s simple to use and navigate
- Certain investing vehicles, such as mutual funds, options, and Forex, are not available
- Other systems have more comprehensive and expansive tools
- There are no brokerage fees or commissions for using the platform. The annual fee is $125.
Yahoo Finance: Stock Portfolio & Tracker
Yahoo! Finance is one of the oldest and most popular portfolio trackers on the market. It is well-known for its ease of use and user-friendliness when looking for information and resources.
The site offers data and news on different investments and stock markets. You also get financial reports on the markets and the portfolio you follow.
Users can sync over 80 brokers to the platform. Much of the platform is manually run but with simple-to-follow steps to achieve the best results.
- Yahoo! Finance has the most user-friendly interface, which is mostly because many of its features are basic.
- The platform gives a simple and easy-to-understand information display
- Yahoo! Finance has a lot of relevant and useful links including resources to help guide investment decisions
- You can get great analysis of your portfolio by uploading a CSV file to Yahoo Finance
- The features are not unique and can be found on other platforms easily
- The premium version is quite expensive
Quicken Premier is a simple yet effective approach to track and manage your portfolio if you own a small business.
They are one of the most well-known and well-established financial management software programs. The platform focuses on providing consumers with customized services to help them manage their money better.
- Quicken Premier is famous for being the first application to become a online platform before becoming a web-based platform. It allows you to upload and sync your investments to tracking all of your investing actions.
- Morningstar’s Instant X-ray is also used by the platform to provide relevant information to users and investors.
- It’s ideal for evaluating put-and-hold investments
- It can help you keep track of your investment expenses and complete job reports more quickly and efficiently
- The platform employs stringent security procedures
- Data synchronization isn’t at the best standard and some features are not available on Mac
- Also, it has poor customer service
Pricing: $70 annually
Kubera is widely considered the most cutting-edge portfolio tracker on the market. You’ll be able to manage various assets from one location. You may track bitcoin, as well as the worth of your internet domains, homes, and automobiles, in addition to traditional stocks.
Kubera works with real-time data and presents it in a way that is both simple and current for consumers to understand. The platform is great for people who prefer an online-only way of tracking their portfolios.
- It contains a function called “Dead man’s switch.” With this feature, you can authorize the platform access to your beneficiary if there is no activity on the account for 45 days or if you are involved in an accident.
- The platform also offers a consistent user experience, making it more appealing and easy to use.
- It’s quite simple to use and navigate
- The platform is free of advertisements
- It keeps track of cryptocurrency as well as standard investment instruments
- It has access to more than 20,000 banks all across the world
- It does not have a mobile app
- And it is quite pricey for its annual payment
Pricing: $150 annually
What Is a Portfolio Tracker?
The best portfolio tracker is a web-based tool that assists in investment management. You can use a website, an app, or even a spreadsheet. With it, you will gain knowledge about the present state of your investments, as well as the aims and market behavior of your organization.
Also, it can be used to evaluate the present state of your investments in terms of your company’s goals and market trends. In addition, you’ll receive real-time market statistics and activity on the markets you’ve chosen to invest in.
However, portfolio trackers are an indispensable tool for every investor. It doesn’t rule out the possibility of you making your own financial decisions. You will, however, be in a better position to do so if you use the best portfolio tracker.
How Does a Portfolio Tracker Work?
The best portfolio tracker works by centralizing all of your investments so that you can properly manage them. It enables you to get all of the data, movement, and analysis tools for your existing investments. The same goes for any new investments you might be interested in.
A portfolio tracker does this by condensing all of the sophisticated thought and processing that goes into maintaining and tracking your portfolios into a basic, easy-to-understand framework that anyone can utilize.
Easy to Use
Investing and investment management is a complicated process. Adding complicated software or systems to the process would be a waste of time. But it’s simple to use a good portfolio tracker.
That makes it obvious, given that software and online technologies are supposed to make our lives and work easier and more efficient. The best portfolio trackers are based on some of the world’s most complex algorithms, yet they have a simple and user-friendly design and experience.
Access to a Wide Range of Securities
A good portfolio tracker should be able to access a diverse range of securities. The vehicle for investing in the firm is securities. You must be continually in the market, looking at and studying the assets that can help you diversify and expand your portfolio.
A good portfolio tracker will keep you up to date not only on your present assets but also on a rising number of other securities.
Plenty of Research Tools
You can’t expect a good portfolio tracker to do most of your thinking and planning for you. It will, however, give you sufficient resources and research tools to assist you in making any decision you intend to make.
You’ll never have to make decisions on the spur of the moment if you use a smart portfolio tracker. It will keep you up to date on any repeating trends or breakaways that may be of interest to you.
An excellent portfolio tracker should have a lot of speed. This is correct for a variety of reasons. Data must be uploaded fast and efficiently by a reliable portfolio tracker.
It should have a smooth process that eliminates all lag time. But, more critically, a smart portfolio tracker must process data fast and provide the most accurate information available.
When we talk about software like portfolio trackers, one of the first things that come to mind is usually pricing. Many people expect them to be quite expensive. Yes, there are high-priced portfolio trackers and low-priced portfolio trackers.
However, a good portfolio tracker will provide you with access to a free option, even if it is only for a limited time. This is crucial for learning about the platform and determining which one is ideal for you.
Alternative Tracking Methods: Google Sheets
Alternatively, you can also track your portfolio using Google sheets. The free online spreadsheet gives you access to Google finance using the GOOGLE FINANCE function.
It is free, but it is a do-it-yourself solution, and the data available is limited to only what Google Finance can offer. There are great ways to learn about how to use google sheets to track your portfolio.
Choose the Right Tracking System for You
We’ve looked at the best portfolio trackers on the market and how their distinctive features set them apart. However, the choice is ultimately yours.
Hire a financial advisor if this is still too much for you. A financial advisor can assess your portfolio and goals to assist you in making the best decisions possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can track your portfolio using an online solution called a portfolio tracker. It distills the task into simple and easy-to-understand platforms.
There are many good portfolio trackers. But the best portfolio tracker for you will be determined by your investment goal and choices. Some of the top choices include Personal Capital, Morningstar, and Yahoo Finance.
You can track all your investments by uploading or syncing them to your portfolio tracker. This way, you can attend to all of them from one platform.