Investors should evaluate long-term performance statistics when searching for the top stocks. This list of the best-performing stocks on the NYSE and NASDAQ covers companies from every industry and sector. Stock prices in general have increased by more than 50% since the start of 2021 and many are still rising.
It’s important to remember just because a stock’s value has risen doesn’t mean it’s a solid long-term investment.
5 Best Performing Stocks This Week
Before you start investing in stocks, learn more about how they fluctuate on the stock exchange. Here are top 5 performing stocks this week that investors should pay close attention to.
1. Longeveron LLC – Up 235.00%
Longeveron LLC (NASDAQ: LGVN). This is a clinical-stage biotechnology firm focused on the development of cellular treatments for a variety of aging-related and life-threatening diseases. Joshua M. Hare and Donald M. Soffers created the company on October 9, 2014, and it is based in Miami, Florida.
This stock last closed at a price of $6.87 and is trading at a 52 week high of $12.48.
2. Patriot National Bancorp, Inc. – Up 57.22%
Patriot National Bancorp, Inc. (AMEX: PNBK). This is a holding corporation for banks. Consumer and commercial banking services are provided via the company’s subsidiary. The company was established in 1999 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
This stock last closed at a price of $15.25 and is trading at a 52 week high of $16.70.
3. Greenland Technologies Holding Corp. – Up 54.03%
Greenland Technologies Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: GTEC). This is a blank check firm that specializes in mergers, capital stock exchanges, asset acquisitions, and stock purchases. The company was established on December 28, 2017, and is based in East Windsor, New Jersey.
This stock last closed at a price of $8.24 and is trading at a 52 week high of $26.42.
4. Volcon, Inc. – Up 48.09%
Volcon, Inc. (NASDAQ: VLCN). This organization is in the business of designing and developing electric outdoor power sports vehicles. Christian Gerard Okonsky and Adrian James launched the company on February 21, 2020, and it is based in Austin, Texas.
This stock last closed at a price of $16.83 and is trading at a 52 week high of $17.96.
5. IonQ, Inc. – Up 44.71%
IonQ, Inc. (NYSE: IONQ). Quantum computers are developed and manufactured by this company. The corporation was established on September 14, 2020, and is based in College Park, Maryland.
This stock last closed at a price of $27.57 and is trading at a 52 week high of $35.90.
How To Buy the Best Performing Stocks
This guide should be closely followed by first-time investors who want to understand how to invest in companies on the stock market. Here are the steps that investors should take to begin investing in top-performing stocks.
Stock analysis aids investors in identifying the greatest investing possibilities. We may try to discover stocks selling at a discount to their real worth by applying analytical approaches while studying equities, and so be in a good position to acquire benefits in the long run.
Select a Brokerage
Prior to investing in stocks, you must pick a brokerage that you feel comfortable with. M1 Finance is a fantastic, free robo-advisor for those who are new to investing. Some of the leading options include the following:
- E*Trade — Free Stock Trading – Award winning platform and mobile app! Stocks, bonds, options, ETFs, and mutual funds may all be traded in one simple account. On online US-listed stock, ETF, and options trades, you’ll pay no fees, plus 65 cents per options contract. You can make 30 or more transactions every quarter for just $50 per option contract.
- TradeStation — Also Free Stock Trading – intuitive stock trading tools. Cash bonus for new accounts (conditions apply).
- TD Ameritrade: This brokerage offers a $0 minimum, free tools and research, and several trading platforms targeted at both beginners and expert traders. They also provide excellent customer service and a wide range of investing options.
- Charles Schwab: Charles Schwab offers a user-friendly platform with cheap fees. It offers live chat 24 hours a day, no monthly charge, and same-day check deposit.
- M1 Finance: This is a brokerage that offers both self-directed and automated trading and investing options. M1 Finance has a minimal minimum deposit requirement and offers free automatic investing for regular accounts. You have access to over 80 professional portfolios. M1 Finance now allows you to place individual stock or ETF orders as well as fractional shares. Sign up for M1 Finance here
Open Your Trading Account
In order to invest in the top stocks, you must first open a trading account. Examine each brokerage to see if you can open an account that includes everything you’ll need to get started investing.
Make a Deposit & Purchase Stocks
You’ll need to make a cash deposit to your account after you’ve established a safe payment method. You can start investing once your account has been fully authorized.
Monitor Your Performance
Focus on the company you’re investing in, not simply the stock valuation, to properly manage your stock holdings. Knowing the performance of your stocks can help you make smarter investing decisions and stay on pace to accomplish your financial objectives.
Should You Invest in the Best Performing Stocks?
Investors should always be looking for the best-performing stocks on the stock market that for potential investment opportunities. It may be worthwhile to locate the top sectors driving the market upward and the top stocks inside those sectors during an upswing.
There may be sectors and companies that defy the trend if the economy isn’t doing well. If you would like to begin investing in the stock market you should first seek advice from a financial advisor.
Frequently Asked Questions
The two most common types of stocks include common and preferred. Stocks are divided into categories based on the scale of the company, its sector, or industry.
Stocks are generally regarded as a long-term safe investment plan. Investing in the stock market has a number of advantages, including the possibility of receiving dividends or a relatively high annual rate (based on historical data of returns).
The top stocks that are paying excellent dividends are constantly changing. Most stock brokerages provide consumers with screening tools that aid in the discovery of dividend-paying stocks.
Investment Firms is a ready supported website. Our content is free to consume and most of the time we do not earn revenue from publishing articles. In some instances, clicking on links in articles may earn us a commission if you are to purchase something.