The energy industry is critical to the global economy because it supplies the fuel and electricity that allows commerce and travel to take place. Several publicly traded firms are involved in energy generation and transmission. A few stocks, however, stand out due to their bigger size and secure economic positions.
This vast business is critical in delivering the energy that the economy needs. Here are the best-performing energy stocks this week.
5 Best Energy Stocks This Week
If you’re considering investing in energy companies, be sure you’re doing so as part of a larger investment strategy. It’s critical to locate the top energy stocks on the market in order to maximize your investing results.
Let’s review the 5 best-performing energy stocks to watch out for this week.
1. Cross Timbers Royalty Trust – Up 11.02%
Cross Timbers Royalty Trust (NYSE: CRT). This is an express trust that acts as a trustee for Southwest Bank. It was established to collect and distribute net profit income to Unitholders on a monthly basis.
This stock last closed at $14.17 and is trading at an average volume of 51,307.
2. Evolution Petroleum Corp. – Up 6.60%
Evolution Petroleum Corp. (AMEX: EPM). This is a corporation that deals with oil and gas. It uses technology onshore in the United States to develop and produce oil and gas reserves inside known oil and gas resources. Robert Stevens Herlin and Laird Q. Cagan created Evolution Petroleum in 1994, with headquarters in Houston, Texas.
This stock last closed at $5.06 and is trading at an average volume of 221,583.
3. Imperial Oil Ltd. – Up 5.60%
Imperial Oil Ltd. (AMEX: IMO). This organization participates in the arrangement of coordinated oil business. The Upstream fragment incorporates the investigation and creation of raw petroleum, flammable gas, manufactured oil, and bitumen. The organization was established on September 8, 1880 and is settled in Calgary, Canada.
This stock last closed at $28.81 and is trading at an average volume of 437,969.
4. Goodrich Petroleum Corp. – Up 4.97%
Goodrich Petroleum Corp. (AMEX: GDP). This firm specializes in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas on its own land. The company was established in 1995 and is based in Houston, Texas.
This stock last closed at $20.83 and is trading at an average volume of 82,840K.
5. Ultrapar Participaçoes SA – Up 4.32%
Ultrapar Participaçoes SA (NYSE: UGP). This firm distributes and retails a variety of products, including gasoline, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), retail pharmacies, specialized chemicals, and liquid bulk storage. Founded in 1937, the firm has its headquarters in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
This stock last closed at $2.76 and is trading at an average volume of 1.459M.
How To Buy Energy Stocks
Buying energy stocks can be accomplished quite easily. With a few easy steps, you will be prepared to invest in some of the best performing energy stocks.
1. Research Companies
You should always research any stocks and the industry it exists in before you make any investments. Investors should concentrate on stocks of firms that are well-positioned to weather a slump.
This will also put them in the best possible position to prosper if market conditions improve.
2. Select a Brokerage
First you need to decide which brokerage you prefer to use in order to start investing. Here are some popular options to choose from to start investing in energy stocks:
- eTrade — Free Stock Trading – Award winning platform and mobile app!
- TradeStation — Also Free stock trading – intuitive stock trading tools. Cash bonus for new accounts (conditions apply).
- M1 Finance: This brokerage provides a mix of self-directed and automated trading and investing solutions. M1 Finance offers a low minimum deposit requirement and automatic investing for ordinary accounts at no added charge. More than 80 professional portfolios are available to you. Also, individual stock or ETF orders, as well as fractional shares, are accessible through M1 Finance. Sign up for M1 Finance here
- Interactive Brokers: With inexpensive per-share pricing, a broad variety of tradable assets, including international equities, and low margin rates, Interactive Brokers lures aggressive traders. You also receive unlimited free trades of stocks and exchange-traded funds available on US exchanges
- Charles Schwab: Charles Schwab offers three platforms with no minimum requirements or fees. It features a great mobile app, and the broker offers many powerful trading platforms that are all freely accessible to all trading service customers
3. Open Your Trading Account
Before you can start investing in energy stocks, you must first open a trading account. Examine each brokerage to see whether you can open an account that contains everything you’ll need to get started investing.
4. Make a Deposit & Purchase Energy Stocks
Before you can start buying energy stocks, you’ll need to make a cash deposit after you’ve linked a legitimate payment method to your account. You can start investing when your account has been completely authorized.
5. Monitor Your Performance
After you’ve made an investment, it’s critical to keep track of your portfolio’s equities on a regular basis. Most brokerages have their own set of stock applications and services to assist you in keeping track of the specifics of each of your investments.
Should You Invest in Energy Stocks?
Energy companies are still reasonably priced and might be a smart addition to your investment portfolio. The recovery in oil prices boosted energy company stock values, with some practically tripling their worth. You might consider paying greater attention to firms that use sustainable energy sources.
Crude oil prices have even increased in 2021 as demand has grown rapidly. If you would like to begin investing in energy stocks, you should first seek advice from a financial advisor.
Frequently Asked Questions
The energy sector is a group of stocks that deal with the production or distribution of energy. Shares in companies that operate in this sector are otherwise known as energy stocks.
Investor optimism that inflation will accompany increased economic development, resulting in more capital being invested into the energy industry, is proving to be a good investment choice.
BP PLC and Ramaco Resources Inc., among others, are stocks that have paid excellent dividends this year.
Investment Firms is a ready supported website. Our content is free to consume and most of the time we do not earn revenue from publishing articles. In some instances, clicking on links in articles may earn us a commission if you are to purchase something.