Want to make investment decisions faster and forget about sifting through pages and pages of financial data on cryptocurrencies? With a crypto screener, this is possible.
Screeners have long been utilized for more traditional securities like stocks and ETFs, however now they can be utilized for crypto too. Using a crypto screener will help one to make more insightful and efficient decisions when trading.
If you are curious about crypto screeners and don’t know where to begin, start by reading our list and reviews of the 5 best crypto screeners on the market now. We will take a look at each one to help you find the one best suited to your needs.
Quicklook: Best Crypto Screeners
- Yahoo Crypto Screener: Best Free Option
- TensorCharts: Best Affordable Option
- TradingView Crypto Screener: Best Comprehensive Option
- Quadency: Best All-In-One Option
- Cryptolume: Best Advanced Option
5 Best Crypto Screeners
Let’s go ahead and review our top 5 crypto screener recommendations!
Yahoo Crypto Screener
Yahoo Finance has been a long trusted resource for all things financial. Their crypto screener is a great free option for all, and especially for those who aren’t ready to commit to a more advanced software.
It is important to note that, as this is a free option, the Yahoo Finance Crypto Screener is very simplistic. However, while it is basic, it provides you with all of the necessary data to make smart investment decisions. Not to mention, this is a reliable source for financial data, and is trusted by professionals universally.
- Real time data on prices, percentage change, charts, history, volume, and more
- Tile heatmaps
- Extremely user friendly and great for beginners
- Straightforward and easy to use
- Screen by price, market capitalization, volume, and more
- Over 9,000 different cryptocurrencies to screen from
- Get access to news about the crypto market and stay up to date, all on one platform
- This option will not provide you advanced charting options
- Limited capabilities as a trade off for being free
TensorCharts specializes in providing a unique website that will visualize live crypto and financial markets data for traders, with day traders specifically in mind. They provide an advanced toolkit for their users at a reasonably affordable price.
TensorCharts also offers API integrations with some of the leading crypto exchanges to help with the ease of implementation. Overall, for the price, TensorCharts offers a wide range of advanced screening tools that will surely be beneficial to users.
- Access special research on heatmaps, S/R studies, volume profiles, line studies, and volume studies
- Offers manuals, videos, and tutorials on how to best use TensorCharts
- The toolkit includes: order flow, heatmaps, whales tracking, custom scripting module, analytical charting tools, Heikin Ashi candlesticks and so much more
- There is a free version that still offers many of their advanced tools
- Comprehensive list of tools and resources available
- API integration available with Coinbase Pro, BitStamp, Binance, Bitfinex, BitMEX, and Deribit
- Free version does not provide real time data or API integration
- No mobile app
- Advanced charting knowledge required
TradingView Crypto Screener
With over 10 million users, TradingView is a widely accepted platform by those who trade stock, ETFs, FOREX, and of course, cryptocurrencies. It is an easy to use platform that still provides powerful tools.
Another unique feature of this platform is the community it has created. TradingView allows you to follow other investors, chat, and share with other members in the community through their excellent social integration.
- The crypto screener includes over 7,000 individual assets from crypto pairs to crypto/fiat pairs
- Covers all the major crypto exchanges
- Screen and trade all on one platform
- Pine Script allows TradingView users to write and share personal indicators and strategies
- Provides real time data
- Web based charts, no need for additional downloads
- Customizable data tables by editing the table and filter with the descriptive and technical filters
- 12 chart types, and view up to 8 charts per tab
- Customer support isn’t their strongest feature
- As TradingView also acts as a social network of traders where anyone can post/comment, keep in mind not all that is posted will be of high quality
- Different features are limited based on the subscription tier
Pricing: There are 4 pricing tiers, with a 2 months free discount when you pay annually, all subscriptions come with a free 30 day trial period:
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $14.95/month
- Pro+: $29.95/month
- Premium: $59.95/month
This option is an online platform that specializes in asset management through connecting multiple exchanges and accounts all under one roof. Along with managing crypto assets, Quadency also acts as a trading platform and provides users with trading bots.
This option is great for those looking to centralize all of their crypto investing needs onto one platform.
- Easy to use interface while still providing powerful tools
- Integrated market screener and charts
- Technical analysis tools
- Extremely secure platform with 2FA and encrypted storage
- Free version available
- Supports: Binance, Gemini, Coinbase, Fitfinex, Bittrex, Poloniex, Bitfinex, OKEx and more
- Interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn
- Screen, trade, access bots, news, and more all under one platform
- This platform is completely free, however users trading more than $10,000 in volume per month will be required to upgrade to the pro plan
- Pro plan limits monthly trading limit at $100,000
- Certain tools won’t be compatible with all exchanges
Pricing: For a limited time only, Quadency is 100% free, Pro accounts will typically charge $49.99/month
Cryptolume is a web based SaaS for advanced traders looking to trade more efficiently. With both a desktop and mobile interface, Cryptolume claims to be the #1 crypto screener for traders and investors.
The platform can support technical and fundamental analysis with ease and has a long list of tools and resources for their users.
- Crypto screener/scanner, trading indicators, exchange volume analyzer, table of movements, volumer/graph analysis, social sentiments, and so many more advanced features
- Receive trading alerts
- Unique resources like the social sentiments analyzer which tracks social feedback of the top cryptocurrencies and presents them to users in a chart format
- Extremely comprehensive and large amount of scanners and tools
- Integrations: Coinbase, Binance, Binance.US, KuCoin, CoinMarketCap, Bittrex, BitMEX, Huobi, Bitfinex, Poloniex
- Supports 2,000+ cryptocurrency pairs
- This platform is not for beginners and requires advanced knowledge of technical and fundamental analysis
- Interruption of services from time to time for maintenance can be expected
Pricing: There are two levels of subscriptions:
- Standard: 13.25/month with a yearly subscription, or $19/month paying monthly
- Advanced: $20.30/month with a yearly subscription, or $29/month paying monthly
What Is a Crypto Screener?
A crypto screener is the same as a stock screener, but specialized for cryptocurrencies. A screener is a special tool for investors that can help, more efficiently, sort through different investment opportunities through specified parameters.
Screeners are a great tool to help narrow down and sort through masses of market data to help find the best investment opportunities.
How Does a Crypto Screener Work?
Crypto screeners work to filter through market data with preset parameters you can determine yourself. You can set the parameters based on % change of price, volatility, volume, market capitalization, and other specific patterns or formations.
Different platforms will offer more or less advanced parameters designed to make trading decisions more efficient and insightful.
What to Consider With Crypto Screeners
Here are a few variables to keep in mind when choosing a crypto screener.
Making sure that the software you are using is user friendly will be essential to your success. What is “user friendly” will be different to everyone though.
Just ensure that the platform you choose will be suitable to your needs and level of trading expertise. Many platforms will offer a free trial period which is a great opportunity for you to get a feel for the software and understanding of how it works.
Real Time Market Data
Having access to real time market data is crucial to any trader. Making sure your data is up to date and constantly being updated will allow you to make the best investment decisions.
Especially with how volatile the crypto market is, this is a very important feature that you will want to ensure your crypto screener offers.
Many top screening softwares will provide you investor resources. Resources to look for in a crypto screener include up to date market news as well as resources for navigating the software.
Resources meant to help guide users through the screeners are essential to getting the most out of your subscription.
Trade Smarter With Crypto Screeners
Crypto screeners are a great tool for both beginners and more advanced traders. They can help guide you to making the best investment decisions that are more efficient and insightful.
Be sure to fully review each option before picking the right screener for you. There are several out there, all with unique features, some being more basic or more advanced than others. Surely, there is a crypto screener that will best suit your needs and level of trading.
Frequently Asked Questions
A good crypto screener will provide you with real time market data, charting and analysis tools, and other resources, while still being user friendly. TradingView is a popular option for many.
A crypto screener is a way to filter through masses of real time market data on cryptocurrencies, to help guide and make investment decisions more efficiently.
Yes, there are several crypto screeners available for use. TradingView has one of the most popular options, however Yahoo Finance is also a great free resource.